Legacy Film Process…
It Begins With You.
Every story is different and every production process is completely customized. A Legacy film will generally take two months from conception to completion.
We meet with you and get familiar with your story. This provides an opportunity to see some of the available material and potentially some of the stories we will cover. Based on your input, we define the scope of the work-- from research to finished editing, item by item.
We then research, outline and conduct interviews with you. Based on the information we've gathered, we create the script and integrate interviews with narrative to thoroughly convey your message. We pull all the elements together with original music, narrators, animation, and titles to create a finished production for your to approval.
Once finished, we help you distribute the finished production digitally online. In addition to giving you a copy for your own use and distribution, W create a password protected online link for you to share with friends and loved ones of your choice.
How the Process Works:
Broadway travels to your preferred location and provides the most professional, highest quality digital video equipment necessary to capture your film production. Our team will conduct the interview for you, allowing us to film a you in a comfortable, personable light and making it easy for you to relax.
Your finished production will very in length based on your stories. The following eight to ten weeks is then spent creating your unique, one-of-a kind film about you and your life.
Our philosophy is based upon getting to know you as much as possible. Our team, when appropriate, will conduct a pre-interview session with you, prior to your first day of filming session with cameras. This will allow a more comfortable atmosphere during our filming time, and will ultimately prepare us for the life experiences of yours we'll choose to discussing.
During your pre-interview, we will address a series of questions, as well as begin deciding which particular photos and other archival documents will be used in your production. On average, we will typically incorporate approximately 250/300 photos in a one hour legacy film.
Your interview is conducted in your home. The answers you provide during our interviews are then combined with photos, film, or additional images. Royalty free music from the corresponding time period is used in the background, to create your custom legacy film production.
Our style is that of a professional, “A&E” lifetime biography. Using this particular style of production, generations from now your loved ones will know you and who you are through your own spoken words.
Your final production will be delivered to you digitally and on a DVD, with a tastefully customized case, designed to last for generations to come. You will also receive a personalized, custom web page, complete with security login, to allow you to share your legacy film with family and friends across the globe.
The Technical Legacy Film Process:
Pre-Production / Research & Preparation
- In discussion with you, we determine the video’s structure and timeline. We conduct preliminary interviews with you to establish basic biographical information in order to create specific interview questions.
- Filming day is scheduled.
Production / Interviews, B-Roll & Document Gathering
- Interviews with you can range from 3 to 4 hours
- We can also film you on-location in various activities called a "b-roll". (additional fees may apply). We have filmed our clients gardening, cooking family recipes, working, spending time with their friends.
- We gather all relevant documents to be used in the video. This includes photographs, slides,
home movies and other recordings, newspaper clippings, and artwork..
Post-Production / Editing & DVD Creation
- The editing process brings together the interviews, b-roll, photographs, into the final legacy film.
- Each film is unique in content and structure and every film is edited in-house by the person who conducted the interviews to ensure that the editor has an in-depth understanding of your story.
- We create a custom DVD including chapter menus, photos, music, and cover art. Finished films can range from 60-90 minutes each.
- The final film is transferred to DVD and converted for the internet.
- All of the production process takes about two months from time of all materials gathered.